If you want to keep things simple and quickly run a simple web server on your mac machine, nginx is a perfect solution.
The whole installation is so easy you won’t believe.
- install Homebrew
- open up your terminal and use
brew install nginx
That’s it 🥳
- to have
nginxstart when turning on your computer, use
brew services start nginxand it will have your Mac start nginx at startup.
There are other commands you could use:
- brew services stop nginx
- brew services start nginx
- brew services restartstart nginx
- if you want to start nginx on demand, just use
sudo nginx. In order to stop or restart use:
sudo nginx -s stop
sudo nginx -s restart
- image: https://www.nginx.com/